Monday, December 29, 2008

Wildcat day

Fresh lion tracks
Bobcat in the yard, Canyon RdDec. 29- I went out to check my camera trap(about 50yds from 
the house) and found that a bobcat had walked right near it, but not
in front of it! Then went up into the Pecos looking for marten 
tracks and came across a set of VERY fresh lion tracks! Stopped
me in my tracks. I had just spooked about 6 muleys, when I
crossed the lion tracks. He might have been stalking them. I
followed the tracks back uphill hoping to see him/her but didn't.
I saw where it stopped and looked back in the direction
where I had been. I'm sure it saw me. The tracks were about
3 1/4" L x 3 1/4" W, not huge, but big enough to feel very vulnerable.
As I left I found myself checking over my shoulder a few times. 

1 comment:

Mike Watson said...

Wowaweewa! I remember a snowshoe walk years ago on Mt Seymour in BC and retracing my footsteps I saw a series of tracks next to my own. I will have to dig out the photo. They were large and I thought Mtn Lion at the time but I could be mistaken. Enjoying the blog posts! BR Mike